Gameday Central: The Florida State Seminoles vs. Florida Gators
The Florida State Seminoles are in Gainesville to face the Florida Gators, with kick-off at 12 p.m. on ESPN. The Seminoles (5-6) are once again the underdogs on the road this week versus the 5-6 Gators as they race for the 65th time.
This year’s Sunshine Showdown, with the Bowl winner taking home, will break the 20-year tie between Noles and Gators in an evenly divided rivalry with ten wins each since 2000. The flawless streak dates back to 1958 with the Gators owning 36-26- 2 lead.
Both teams have big winning streaks in the series, with Florida claiming six in a row over FSU from 2004-09, while the Seminoles won five in a row against the Gators from 2013-17.
According to DraftKings, Florida is currently an underdog state on the 3-point road to Florida, with over/under 59 selected.
Join us here on every thread quarter by thread, and show your support while sharing all the feelings, excitement, and frustrations of being a NOLE.
Seminoles, Florida Themes for Florida Gators game:
How to watch:
ESPN @ 12:00 pm
ESPNAnd hollowAnd FuboTV
Seminole Radio Network
Pre-game coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- Tomahawk employees predictions: Florida State vs. Florida Gators – Unbiased Analysis and Final Outcome Predictions
- depth chart FSU vs Florida – Check out this week’s predicted Seminole appetizer
- Read Live updates from Mike Norville’s press conference on Monday – Kenny Dillingham, Adam Fuller and John Papuchis will speak as well.
- how to watch Florida State Football vs Florida Gators: How to watch, broadcast, channel, listen
- Watch and read as Mike Norville looks forward to the Florida game: “If you don’t prepare for this game, go somewhere else…we will have success. And we will do it the right way so that when we achieve it, we can maintain it.”
- Perry gives you a file Vegas odds, spread, over/under and predictions is a close game in Gainesville
- Watch FSU head coach Mike Norville speaks after Tuesday’s practice – he finished strong in practice to go all the way to the UF.
- Max Escarpio keeps track of former FSU players so you don’t have to: Noles in the Pros – Zont appears in SNF
- Watch and read as University of Florida Florida State coordinators Kenny Dillingham, Adam Fuller and John Papuchis talk about BC’s win and look forward to the UF – “We were the best this year when our backs were against the wall.”
- did you know who – which FSU Defense Lineman Kerr Thomas named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week (again) for his performance against Boston College?
- Read and watch Tommy’s personal notes from Tuesday football practice report – Seminoles Match Prep vs UF –Will we see someone raise the head of an alligator on Saturday?
- Listen to ‘Seminole Wrap’ as rappers “Young Brian” Pellerin and “Lil Jon” Marchant discuss whether FSU is about to claim the state championship in Gainesville?
- Read and watch Tommy’s personal notes from Wednesday’s Florida State Practice Report – “On the Road to Florida – Special Teams Show Up Adding to Another Good Practice”
- Watch as Florida State head coach Mike Norville spoke about the competition in Florida and the health of the team – “You can prepare whatever you want but in the moment you have to apply it.”
- Watch Jermaine Johnson and Jordan Travis speak before Saturday’s showdown in Gainesville – “I feel like it all led to this game here, time to put it together.”
- Watch and read “The Triple Option”: The Triple Option: FSU vs Boston College Film Review – The Hot Line Continues
- did you read that FSU Defensive Back Akeem Dent Received ACC Defensive Return of the Week Honor? – In front of Boston College, Dent had three tackles, a choppy pass and a decisive interception
- for some fun History of FSU vs UF, check out Matt Minnick, Tim Scopel and David Stout memories: Florida State vs. Florida – The Battle of the Sunshine State.
- If you haven’t done so already, Check out the latest release from Brian Pellerin College Football Betting Picks Week 13: Compete Week – The FSU-UF Battle for Pot Eligibility and B1G at the Big House
- John Marchant Soccer opponent Q&A: Florida Gators Edition -John Asking and Answering Tough Questions How a reasonable Gator fan would answer them. No topic is off limits because they are talking about the garbage fire which is Florida’s show right now
- Bonus Employment Coverage: Florida State Recruitment – #TRIBE #22 Coverage – NoleThruandThru presents you with his second placebo class for #Tribe22
- New Recruitment Thread #21 is now open to VIP members only- NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on Latest FSU Recruitment News @ Tomahawk Nation Center for All Things Florida State Football Recruitment – ‘The OFFICIAL Tribe’ 22 Recruiting Thread #21
- Hear the reward The Three Stars Florida State of Recruiting Podcast, the Thanksgiving Special: ‘How will FSU close its chapter?’ The three stars are grateful to you, dear listeners! ‘
game notes via Seminoles.com
- Florida State has won five of its last seven games, the program’s biggest win over seven games since it won five of its last seven in 2017. The FFA’s five wins since the start of October tied for third in the ACC, only trailing victories Six by Coastal Division Champion Pete and Clemson.
- Mike Norville is 16-4 (.800) in November as head coach.
- The Seminoles turned 29 consecutive runs into the red with a total of 174 points, the longest active streak in the state and the fourth longest in 2021 (via ESPN Statistics & Information). It is also the program’s longest point streak in the red since turning 31 in a row across the 2016 and 2017 seasons.
- FSU was 1 for 1 with touchdowns in the red against Louisville, 6 for 6 against Syracuse, scored four touchdowns and two field goals, 3 for 3 in North Carolina with three touchdowns, 6 for 6 against UMass with five touchdowns and one field goal, 1 for 1 At Clemson with touchdowns, 2-for-2 with two touchdowns against North Carolina, 6-for-6 with three touchdowns and three field goals against Miami and 4-for-4 with three touchdowns and one field goal at Boston College.
- FSU ranks first in the ACC and 11th in the country with 71.8 red-zone touchdowns this season (28 of 39).
- FSU ranks 3rd in the ACC and 9th nationally in red zone defense, allowing 70.0 percent of drives to reach the red zone to be scored. Florida held opponents 6 of 12 (.500) red zone transfers in October, the ACC’s best defensive pit stop and the second best defensive pit stop in the nation.
- Since the beginning of October, Florida has ranked second in overall defense and air defense, allowing an average of 359.4 total yards and 207.0 yards per game, and fourth in the conference in scoring an average of 23.9 points per game allowed.
- Florida State has posted at least one interception in seven straight games, the program’s longest streak since 2007. Via ESPN Stats & Info, it’s the third longest streak in the country this season. Seminoles ranked second in the ACC with 11 interceptions and 17 fast food totals in 2021.
- FSU’s average of 7.3 interventions to lose per game ranks 10th in the state. The Seminoles have had four games with at least 9.0 tackle for loss, which is the most 9.0 TFL games in a season since scoring five in 2017.
- Florida is tied for 13th in the country with six plays of at least 60 yards this season and tied for 18th with three plays of at least 70 yards. Three FSU rushing plays of at least 60 yards and two rushing plays of at least 70 yards rank first in the ACC and each tied for sixth and seventh nationally, respectively, while its four plays of at least 50 yards tied for 4 in the Eighth Conference Ten in the nation.